Computer gaming has definitely come a long way from back in 1972 when the game of choice was pong and played on the Atari 2600. Modern technology and video game enhancements have made gaming a serious hobby and a high-tech one as well.
If you have been keeping up with all the advances in the field of computer gaming, you will realize how these advances have been consistent with the advances of high-end technology. Computer gaming has pushed the limits of technology and is credited for many of the advancements in this field for the past generation.
The Xbox 360 is a top performer of this high-powered, top-technology trend. The Xbox 360, from Microsoft is a prime example of how technology has pushed the frontiers of gaming. With a processing power and connectivity that most high end personal computers could only dream of, the Xbox has opened a vista of possibilities never before possible on the older consoles.
Here is a brief rundown of the new features of the Xbox 360.
1. Games that take advantage of the Xbox have increased power and graphical performance. Project Gotham 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Silent Hill 4 and Kameo are only a few of the new games slated to hit the Xbox 360 this year. These games will certainly push the envelope with what is expected of newer generation games.
2. Innovative Accessories. The Xbox has accessories that will make other companies go, I wish I had thought of that. Wireless controllers will allow greater freedom for players to wreak havoc upon the competition. This gives players increased mobility, comfort and enjoyment.
Xbox also integrates internet connectivity so that gaming against a pal who lives across the country or another continent will not have to be a hassle anymore. It is now possible to have search and destroy games among the Xbox community, and you do not even have to leave the confines of your home.
3. Backward Compatibility. The old Xbox games will be fully compatible with the 360. That will amount to over 200 well-loved games from the old Xbox library. This means you will not have to wait for the 360 library to go full stock before wanting to buy one; you could enjoy the old collection along with the new immediately.
4. Mega Power. The Xbox 360 engine runs on three 3.2 GHZ processors. That is a powerful workhorse! This processing power makes the running of complex games a cinch. Many polygon-hungry games will get their fill once they get a load of this much power.
5. Couple that with the 500 MHz ATI graphics processor and you have a tremendously powerful chip that can bring life and action to any game that comes its way.
6. The Xbox 360 is versatile and not only serves as a gaming base, but it also works as a CD/DVD player, further making a case for its price. The Xbox is capable of keeping track of a load of data that you may find indispensable. All these extra features ensure that the Xbox 360 can and will be a faithful entertainment tech companion for a long, long time.
While there are many gaming consoles around, it would pay to consider the strengths and weaknesses of them all. However, there is a consensus among gaming enthusiasts that the most important aspect of any gaming console is the technology, processor speed, memory, storage, along with availability and support of consoles and games.
In this regard, the Xbox 360 has room to boast. With a staff of developers currently at work for Microsoft enhancing the Xbox, gamers are sure to be spellbound for years to come.
About the Author:
Article written by Joel A. Gray, Writer and Webmaster for The Info Stop your online source for Headline News, Interesting Stories, and Informative Reviews brought to you by Truman Marketing. For more information about the Xbox Gaming System visit: Xbox Gaming System Information
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesBase.com
Related Articles from Xbox 360
The Microsoft Xbox 360 Console: Powerful Gaming in a Box